leaders who value quality education and embrace their role
as contributing members of our diverse community.
KLA STUDENTS ARE:
Self-directed, critical thinkers who identify, conceptualize, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate using available resources and information.
KLA STUDENTS ARE:
Leaders who model Respect, Enthusiasm, Achievement, Citizenship, and Hardwork.
Respectful leaders listen, are flexible, consider opinions of others, and create a positive environment that enables people to move forward.
- Interacts positively with all students and adults reflecting KLA’s mission & core beliefs
- Honors cultural and individual diversity
- Demonstrates responsibility in the learning community by adhering to KLA’s schoolwide rules
Enthusiastic leaders are excited about learning and are actively involved.
- Participates in a variety of leadership opportunities
- Demonstrates with confidence that college is part of their future
- Discovers an area of interest beyond the core academic classes
Achieving leaders value education by setting and completing goals.
- Meets or exceeds California State Standards in English and Math
- Reads and writes effectively in each subject area
- Communicates effectively in academic language to express thoughts and ideas
- Uses technology as a tool for learning
Leaders show Citizenship by fulfilling the duties and responsibilities of a productive community member.
- Demonstrates character education through the use of “Character Counts” and “7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens”
- Recognizes the impact personal behavior and character has on our local and global diverse community
- Completes expected community service hours
Hardworking leaders demonstrate perseverance in their pursuit of goals
- Develops and implements individual goals and action plans for academic and citizenship achievement
- Participates in additional academic supports, if needed
- Demonstrates study skills and organizational strategies that lead to academic success