Greetings KLA Parents and Students!
Keiller Leadership Academy Extended Day Program provides a safe place for students “beyond the bell.” EDP is an interactive program with an array of enrichment activities. EDP provides assistance with homework and stimulates students social, physical and intellectual abilities through participation in activities with their school peers. KLA is committed to creating a safe, fun and educational environment for our after school students.
Extended Day Program:
- Academic Assistance/Homework Time
- Healthy Snacks
- Restorative Practices
- Cooking Cooking Club
- Competitive Sports (YMCA)
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
- Outdoor Outreach (Rock Climbing, Kayaking, Hiking, etc.,)
- Arts & Crafts
- Physical Education
Extended Day Program Hours:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 2:50 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Wednesday 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Students enrolled in the program are expected to stay for the full duration of program hours. Exceptions may be made for students who are in parallel programs and/or have other obligations after school. Early release forms must be filled out and signed by a parent for any student needing to leave the program early for any reason.
Eligibility & Applications:
Students interested in participating in EDP are eligible to participate as long as they are currently enrolled at Keiller Leadership Academy during the regular school day and are in Transitional Kindergarten through Eighth grade.
Enrollment in Extended Day is "first come, first served," with priority enrollment given as follows:
- First priority shall go to pupils who are identified by the program as homeless youth, as defined by the federal McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act (42 U.S.C. Sec. 11434a), at the time that they apply for enrollment or at any time during the school year, and to pupils who are identified by the program as being in foster care.
- Second priority to students who are currently in the program, who stay for the full duration of each program day, who have maintained 85% average attendance rate for the previous school year, and who plan on attending for the full duration of each program day for the upcoming school year.
- Third priority to students who are currently in the program who have maintained 85% average attendance rate for the previous school year, and who plan on attending for the full duration of each program day for the upcoming school year.
- All other applicants will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. All applications are time stamped upon receipt.
Student(s) are considered officially enrolled in Extended Day, once the following actions are completed.
- Intent to enroll from has been completed in its entirety and received by EDP staff.
- Parent(s)/Guardian(s) of students who have attended mandatory orientation with EDP Coordinator
- Student(s) must be enrolled in Keiller Leadership Academy regular school day.
Notification of Enrollment Status:
Once your child has been accepted into Extended Day, you will receive a letter of confirmation of your child’s enrollment or waitlist before the start of school. Please note that students who maintain less than an 85% average monthly attendance rate may be dropped from the program.
If you are interested in applying for the 2022-2023 Extended Day Program, please fill out the Intent to enroll form and return it to Keiller Leadership Academy's Main Office by June 10th, 2022.
Applications received after the deadline will be automatically placed on a wait-list and parents will be notified if/when there is room in the program for their child to enter. Enrollment in the program is for the duration of one school year. Students are required to fill out a new application and re-enroll each academic year.
In accordance with California Education Code, students are expected to attend the program every day for the full range of hours offered (until 6:00 p.m. each day). Students who do not attend regularly will be subject to dis-enrollment. Students must maintain an average attendance rate of at 85% in order to avoid possible dis-enrollment. Please see the attached application and letter for more information.
Auditorium after 5:30 p.m.
Late Pickup Policy:
The Extended Day Program ends at 6:00 p.m.
Students that remain past 6:00 p.m. will be charged a $1.00 per minute beginning at 6:01 p.m. and will result in a Non-Compliance Form
Extended Day Program Coordinator
Phone (619) 263-9356
Extended Day Program Director
Phone (619) 263-9266 ext. 5