Special Education Home
What does full inclusion mean at Keiller Leadership Academy?
- As a school we communicates a vision that values the contributions of all learners as members of the school community. There is adequate, regularly scheduled, ongoing planning time for general and special education teachers and other staff to collaborate.
- We use a variety of models for the delivery of special education services, such as collaborative consultation, co-teaching, and flexible grouping, are used to meet the needs of the student population.
- At KLA students with disabilities have access to and are encouraged to participate in the same extracurricular activities as their peers (e.g., clubs, school play, sports, student government, etc.).
- Students with disabilities, regardless of the type or severity of the disability, receive most, if not all, of their education and related services in age/grade appropriate classes and have schedules similar to those of students without disabilities.
- Our families are full members of the IEP team and are welcomed into the planning process for their child.